Update: commenting is again available on TypePad blogs; thank you for your patience. We are continuing to monitor the service closely.
TypePad blogs experienced some downtime this afternoon due to a power outage in San Francisco, and we wanted to provide you with the basic information we have so far:
- The outage began around 1:50 pm Pacific Daylight Time
- TypePad blogs and the TypePad application were affected, as well as LiveJournal, Vox and other Six Apart-hosted services
- No data has been lost from blogs. We have restored access to blogs as well as access to the TypePad application.
There may be some remaining issues for readers leaving comments on blogs; we are aware of this and are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue. (See update above.)
- TypePad members with appropriate opt-in settings should have received an email from us this afternoon about the outage. We will send another email to members when the service has been fully restored.
- We will also be posting more details about today's outage to Everything TypePad.
We are truly sorry for the frustration and inconvenience that you've experienced, and will provide as much additional information as possible as soon as we have it. We also appreciate the commiseration from the teams at many of the other sites that were affected, such as Craigslist, Technorati, Yelp, hi5 and several others.