The best thing about TypePad? We do most of the heavy lifting, and
you don't have to lift a finger. We take your questions and feature
requests that you submit with our support team, feedback from our
Customer Advisory Board, and features on our roadmap, and improve the
product about every two weeks. All without you having to worry
about software updates, compatibility issues, or anything else.
To kick off the new year, we focused a lot of energy on
fixing issues that we researched (thanks to your feedback) and fixed over the
holidays. Here are just a few:
- Control your “Autosave". We know you love having autosave,
but some people found some inconsistent behavior and requested more
control. We’ve added a "Remove" link so that you can dismiss the "do
you want to recover the last post" message if you know for sure you've
saved it already.
- Now half a billion people can sign in and leave a comment on your blog using TypePad Connect.
Now it’s easier than ever for OpenID users to leave a comment on your
blog. Anonymous comments are fine; getting to know your commenting
community is way better. (Check out this great post by our own David Recordon.) It’s time to try TypePad Connect, don’t you think?
- Spiffed up TypePad Profiles. Now you can share more about your interests and favorites. Take a minute to update your TypePad profile and track your conversations around TypePad Connect-powered sites.
We've also added in a bunch of small bug fixes to TypePad. Here's a quick list:
- Fixed “date published” for approved comments
- Fixed archive calendar
- Fixed Amazon wishlists
- Improved comment notification emails
- Made the "password reset" email more clear
- “New blog” notification for TypePad Business Class blogs
And a few for TypePad Connect:
- Made “share email address” setting immediately after registration
- Leaving a comment is faster!
- OpenID improvements for the US and Japan
- Improved Profiles, so TypePad Connect profiles on your site can have your look-and-feel
- Auto-linking of URL's in comments
- Fixed “Recent Comments” link
Want to request a feature? Let us know through your account in a help ticket, or leave us a comment!