November 17, 2009
This morning we launched TypePad Micro. Micro is a free streamlined blog, powered by TypePad, and optimized for social media. Encourage your readers to share your content with their followers on their very own free Micro blogs. Reblogged content links directly back to your blog, driving traffic from your readers and their social networks. Add the new Reblog button to your design and they can instantly amplify your best posts.
Here's how to add the Reblog button to your posts:
- Go to Blogs > (Your Blog) > Design > Content. The Content page displays.
- Be sure you have Post Footer checked. Click on the Pencil icon for Post Footer. A pop-up displays.
- Check the checkbox for 'Reblog'.
If you'd like this to appear as a button (instead of just a link), select the box to 'Show footer links as buttons?'
- Click OK and the pop-up closes.
- Save Changes.
- View your blog to verify that the Reblog button appears at the end of each post.
Now when your readers love your post, not only can they Favorite it or leave a comment they can Reblog it to their own blogs!
Power tip: Be sure to announce the Reblog button to your readers so they know they can create their own microblogs to share with their friends and network.
This traffic tip is part of our Top Ten TypePad Traffic Tips series. Check back for our next tip tomorrow or stay tuned by following us on TypePad, joining our Facebook page, following us on Twitter or grabbing the feed.