Facebook Like connects your blog to millions of people on Facebook
The Facebook Like button enables your blog readers to opt in to receive your blog updates in their Facebook News Feed. And it's now available for all TypePad blogs.
Connecting your blog to the ever growing Facebook universe ensures your most avid readers are reminded to come back to your blog as soon as there is fresh content. And that means more visitors! Horray!
Plus your readers can help you publicize your blog. When they hit the "Like" button their Facebook friends get to learn about your blog, so now they have a chance to let their friends know that they LIKE your site.
Our friends at Facebook know how keen the TypePad Team are on building community and helping our bloggers build their audience so they invited us (Six Apart) to be an official launch partner. Pretty cool.
So what's next?
1) First things first. You have to add it. Super simple. Just go to Settings and Sharing and follow the prompts. Don't forget if you're a Pro user you can move the module around the design of your blog to place it wherever your heart desires. In Design > Content.
2) If you already have a Fan Page on Facebook you might like to ask your Facebook fans to also "Like" your blog. (These lists of fans don't sync up right now.)
3) You might also think about explaining the new Like button to your blog readers and inviting them to "Like" it so they can follow you on Facebook.
That's it! Let us know how it goes
We made a list of these and other great questions, answers, and ideas from our beta users. Read on to find out more.
The arrival of the Facebook Like button has some pretty exciting consequences for brand marketers and media businesses. You can read more about that on the Six Apart blog.
- Are users who "Like" my blog the same as the fans of my Facebook page?
- How can I see all of the users on Facebook who have "liked" my blog?
- How can I get the "Like" button to show at my post footer so that users can "Like" my individual posts?
This is a great idea and we're working on it. Expect to see this feature sometime soon. For those of you on advanced templates, you can test out the per post like button now
- I'm trying to connect my blog to Facebook but the connection continues to spin and returns a "webpage not found" error.
- Can I customize the Like button?