Blog Tune-Up: Make your blog even better
Whether you've been blogging for 2 months or 2 years, our team of professionals will bring out the best in your blog! We'll give it a thorough review, identify areas that could use improvement, and then make all the changes for you. It'll be the same blog you love — only better.
What you'll get:
- Blog Evaluation and Custom Report:
We evaluate your blog and generate a comprehensive report that contains a number of suggested changes across several areas (see list below for details).
- Implementation of Changes:
After you've reviewed the report and give us the go-ahead, we'll make the changes you request.
- Wrap Up:
We'll follow up with you to make sure the changes were what you expected, and answer any other questions you might have about making your blog (even) better.
What we'll help you accomplish:
- Add a custom banner to make your blog stand out
- Add a custom favicon (the little image that appears next to your URL)
- Information on how to optimize the photos you include in your blog posts
- Review your text and links to make them easier to read
- Improve the navigation so readers can access your content more easily
- Reduce sidebar clutter, optimize order, and eliminate coding or display issues
- Check and optimize the load time of your blog
- Review HTML in your posts and sidebar for accuracy
- Add links to social media sites like Digg, Delicious, Facebook and Twitter
- Help your users find out more about who's behind the blog
- Create personalized profiles for each blog author
- Place profiles in a prominent place so they're easy to find
- Include the author's name at the bottom of each blog post
- Make it easy for people to follow your blog:
- Set up an email subscription to your blog
- Make your subscription link easy to find and use
- Set up comment feeds for your posts to keep readers engaged
Publishing and SEO:
- Set up domain mapping — make your blog address your own URL
- Create categories to keep your content organized and easy to find
- List selected categories in each post footer
- Archive posts by category, and link to archived posts in the sidebar
- Optimize for page views and ad impressions with effective pagination
- Utilize best posting practices:
- Information on how to use extended and excerpted posting features
- Optimize photos for your blog
- Avoid coding and display issues
- Information on how to use a category cloud to grab readers' attention
- Add a search feature to your blog, making it easier for visitors to find specific topics that interest them
- Automatically share your posts to your Facebook or Twitter account, expanding the audience of your blog
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Blog Tune-Ups cost $349 per blog. If you have additional needs or would like to go beyond the scope of the standard service, we are happy to work with you to determine the best solution. Contact us and we can discuss what you need.
How do I know which service is right for me?
If you are just starting out with your blog, we recommend the Power Launch Service. If you have been blogging for awhile, we recommend the Tune-Up Service.
What kinds of payment do you accept?
We accept payment by major credit card or via your PayPal account. After you sign up, we will contact you to confirm your service request and to provide purchase information.
How long does the service take?
Both the Tune-Up and Power Launch Service consist of multiple stages, the evaluation and the implementation. We schedule the evaluation once we receive your payment, which will typically be within 5-7 business days of purchase. The evaluation takes 2 business days to complete. The length of time required for the implementation stage varies depending on your needs and requests, and we may need some information from you as part of the process, but it is typically completed within 7-10 additional business days.
Do I have to have a Typepad blog?
Is there something else you'd like help with that isn't listed here? Check out our Custom Design Services.
Looking for advanced help with design or SEO? Check our our Advanced Tune-Up Services.
Have a new blog?
Make a splash with your blog launch when you engage our Power Launch Service. Learn more about launching your blog with expert help from Typepad.