Follow Up to "A Bright New TypePad"
January 31, 2008
It's been fantastic hearing from you in the comments to my last post and in the emails directly to me — I've heard from hundreds of you in the past 24 hours. I'm thrilled at the level of passion and engagement from those of you who have written in so far. Your thoughts and concerns are already galvanizing the TypePad team and inspiring our next steps.
As we read through and process all the feedback, I wanted to touch upon some of my thoughts so far:
- The TypePad community is impassioned. You're letting us know clearly and specifically what you love about TypePad and what you need from us.
- We're on the same page. The good news is that majority of your requests are already scheduled in our roadmap, and the ones that weren't we'll be reviewing and evaluating. We'll update you over the coming weeks to let you know when you'll see the improvements you're asking for — especially around themes, mobile capabilities and our post editor — as well as let you know why some changes will come sooner than others.
- This is just the first step. Thanks to all of you who responded to our short survey. We’re going to take you up on your offer to help and will follow up with more information soon.
- TypePad Support is here to help. Our Support team has reached out to let a few of you know there's already a solution to your needs. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Support team.
- Results are around the corner. In February we're focusing on releasing new themes and highlighting some of the design options you may not yet be utilizing. Stay tuned to Everything TypePad for more news and updates.
I spent much of my day today reading your emails and comments and working with the TypePad team to respond to your ideas and concerns. We're reading every single suggestion and adjusting our roadmap as much as we can to address your biggest concerns as soon as possible. We will keep you posted here on what's next.
Thanks again for your commitment to TypePad. It's going to be a great year.
Christopher J. Alden
Chairman & CEO
Six Apart, Ltd.