Lijit is a service that allows you to add a search box to your blog and also include other sources like your YouTube videos, recent Diggs and Delicious bookmarks. Here's a quick video on how to add it to your blog: (text instructions below)
- Go to http://www.lijit.com/ and click on Get Started. You are prompted to enter your blog's URL.
Enter your blog's URL and click Get Lijit.
- Lijit then prompts you to add your bookmarks, photos, videos, feeds and other information into your search. Select the ones you want and then click Save and Continue.
- Next, you'll be prompted to add configuration options to any extra search sources you've chosen. Click Save and Continue.
- You'll then create a Lijit account and profile. Click Save and Continue. Lijit goes out to all the sources and indexes them.
- You can upload a photo to your search results, or not. Save and Continue
- On the next screen, you can choose from various configuration options for the search box that will go into your sidebar. Fill them out and click Save Wijit settings. A success message displays, close it.
- Then click Quick Install for TypePad.You'll be sent into TypePad to then choose the blog you want to add the Lijit search box to.
- Check the checkbox of the blog and click Add Widget. The Widget has been added to your sidebars.
- Go out to your blog and reload it and you should see the Lijit search box in your sidebars.
To change the position of the Lijit search widget, go to Weblogs > (your blog) > Design > Content and then drag-and-drop the widgets in the order your like and then Save Changes.