Want to use your blog as a newsletter? I asked our own Andy Wibbles how, and here's the scoop.
- First connect your blog to your Feedburner account.
- Log in to Feedburner and click on the feed you want to add email alerts to. The Dashboard for that feed will display.
- Click on "Publicize" and then "Email Subscriptions".
- Select Feedburner and click "Activate". Feedburner displays a success screen with your subscription form HTML.
- Underneath that is a "Use as a widget in" menu. Select TypePad and click Go. Feedburner then sends you into TypePad.
- Select the blog that you want to add the subscription form to and click Add Widget. TypePad adds the subscription form to your blog.
- Click "View Weblog" to see it or click Change Content Ordering to change where the form appears in your sidebar.
- Test it: Subscribe to your blog and then tomorrow you should get an alert if you write a new post.
- Other options under Feedburner include: being able to configure the activation email for subscribers, the fonts and colors of the email alerts, adding a logo and what time of the day email alerts should be sent.