In our latest update, we made several fixes and improvements to TypePad that you've let us know were sorely needed.
A big one was fixing up how our Atom feeds were publishing - which was updating too quickly, causing some folks using TypePad as a newsletter service to be unhappy. We fixed this to update only if there was a major change to the post. Thanks to those of you who hung in there with us on that one - Gretchen from The Happiness Project, Joseph Jaffe's Jaffe Juice, CK's blog, and Second Thoughts among a few others.
We've set your authentication settings for new blogs to default to "optional", which means users can sign in with TypePad Connect if they like, but they don't have to. Before, this was set to "off", which meant that some folks weren't getting the quality information about their community that they wanted!
We made several other fixes too:
- New feedback form
- Fix a bug with email field in new ajax commenting
- Fixed a bug with our iPhone webclip.
- Fixed a bug with the favicon not appearing in all blogs.
- TypePad Connect: some people were not able to delete comments, and this has been fixed.
- TypePad Connect: some people were unable to publish moderated comments, and this has been fixed.
We're continuing to make improvements all the time, so let us know your thoughts in the comments!