We just shipped another great update to TypePad at the end of last week. We actually had to fit in a lot of small but crucial fixes for individual users in between these regular releases, so I want to thank everyone here on the TypePad Team who've been working so hard.
My favorite big new feature in this release is (of course!) sharing your most recent post with Twitter and Friendfeed. Thanks to everyone in our Get Satisfaction forum who suggested this. On the right hand side of your compose screen, you should see something that says "share this post", which will lead you to where you can set up your other accounts to be notified when you update posts. When you want to tell your friends about your new post on TypePad, you can now automagically send out a link letting your friends know. Here's a good example of how it looks from our own Hungry Frenchman:
Some other improvements and fixes we made in this last release include being able to increase your comment limit to 100 comments per page. We want to add more comments per-page really soon, but hang in there, we have to make certain that all of your excited commenters and readers will also still have a great experience.
We added a blog footer feature for our Beta users, and hope that we'll be able to share it with everyone soon, just as we did with the "share this post" feature.
Other important features and fixes from this last release:
- Fixed lots of bugs related to registration, upgrades, downgrades and account changes
- Fixed a lot of TypeList issues
- Improved a lot of billing-related challenges and fixed several bugs for our worldwide users.
- Proactively identified and fixed individual accounts
- Improved our Network Operations logging
- TypePad Connect: we added the ability for your commenters with profiles to turn off their recent activity streams via their profile edit page.
- Fixed a lot of TypePad Connect issues, including comment moderation
- Fixed more native TypePad commenting bugs
Thanks again to everyone who was a part of making this release a great one!