You’ve asked, we’ve answered. One of the most popular TypePad requests is to make it easier to add video to your blog. Earlier this week, we added Video (and Audio) uploads to the Compose toolbar so it's simple click and paste to add video.
New Toolbar Options
To add a video, just click on the Video button -- it looks like a filmstrip --, copy and paste a web page address (URL) and the video will be automatically inserted. There are still some Video players that require HTML to embed a video, so that option is available as well.
Here’s what the Vimeo video I linked above displayed on my blog.
I could describe this feature in a thousand words, but it's so easy I recommend you just give it a try. I’ve added a few links here to get you started. (You can also search Vimeo, YouTube or other video sites for your favorites.) Just copy a link below and add it to your blog via the video button:
- William Kamkwamba’s “Moving Windmills” story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arD374MFk4w
- Seth Godin’s Sliced Bread and Other Marketing Delights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIVlM435Zg
- Guy Kawasaki’s Art of the Start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xaeVXTSBg
- Ali Edwards’ Half-Circle Embellishments tutorial: http://vimeo.com/5630744
- TypePad Tips for a Successful Business Blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXD1KnhjSVc
- Or the campiest trailer ever, Mega Shark vs Giant Octupus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o
If you haven’t tried out the TypePad Bookmarklet, give it a try. The Bookmarklet is a great way to grab and add videos, quotes, and pictures to your blog as you surf the web. Learn more about the bookmarklet and add it to your browser.
Posted by Mark Simmons.