In 2008 we were approached by some TypePad bloggers about the possibility of writing a "For Dummies" book for TypePad. Naturally we said - YES! Absolutely. If they were prepared to take on the gargantuan task of capturing all the secrets of this little application onto the printed page then who were we to stop them? We were pleased to offer the technical (and moral) support.
To our delight Shannon Lowe and Melanie Nelson announced the arrival of the book on Amazon a few weeks ago. TypePad for Dummies is a comprehensive, up to the minute run through of all the great functionality TypePad offers.
The book also covers some of the practical blogging strategies that have served the authors so well, and some fine examples that will inspire even the most seasoned blogger. I enjoyed reading this book, and I confess to learning a trick or two myself.
1) You are thinking about starting a blog
2) You know someone else who is starting a blog who might feel more comfortable with the instruction manual in their hand or
3) You have a nagging feeling your blog is not benefiting from everything TypePad has to offer
...then you can go here to buy this book.
Alternatively, tell us what you would write your own "For Dummies" book about in the comments and we'll send our favorite responses a FREE COPY of TypePad for Dummies in the mail! We have 5 to give away.
Yes - if you spotted this contest on Facebook a few weeks - this is a re-run. It was so fun seeing everyone's ideas we decided to run it on Everything TypePad as well. Here are some of our favorites for inspiration
- Driving for Dummies from Isabel Ginsberg of xoisabel
- Cocktail Party Conversation for Dummies and the socially awkward from Karen Richter of the big 3 blog
- Being a Superstar Mom and Still Looking Hot for Dummies from Keri Ann Berga of OutNumberedmomma
- Building groovy sandcastles from Angela Walters.
We'll announce the winners on Friday.