The Friday Roundup: 4th of July Edition
July 02, 2010
It's 4th of July weekend and Summer is finally here! This week's Friday Roundup includes a selection of 4th of July treats and some interesting reads for your extended weekends.
- Look no further than Design Editor's easy to make Corona-based margarita recipe for your party on the 4th. Yum. (Follow Design Editor)
- The Crafty Crow has a colorful line-up of patriotic treat recipes for everyone to enjoy. (Follow The Crafty Crow)
- Lowering the Bar, a legal humor blog, covers these Divorce Ceremonies that are apparently gaining popularity in Japan. (Follow Lowering the Bar)
- Popular film critic Roger Ebert recommends reading Kim Morgan's post about Jacques Tourneur's Nightfall.
- Baseball fans, don't miss out on some of our favorite baseball blogs, including Beerleaguer, MLB Rumors, and the Los Angeles Times' Dodgers Blog.
First let me wish you and Six Apart Happy July 4th and a great holiday weekend. My favourite blog this week is Tipper's Blind Pig and the Acorn because I really loved Etheline's stories about the American War of Independence and those brave men who paved the way to Independence and democracy. Apart from the fireworks, the parades and the barbecues, it's worth remembering those heroes whose self-denial not only led ultimately to the downfall of British rule in America and the rise of the revolutionaries' own independent nation, the United States of America, but also incited many European countries to follow their example.
Posted by: Anastasia | July 04, 2010 at 04:41 AM
It is very beautiful!
Posted by: GN Solids Control | July 05, 2010 at 03:56 AM
I am going to be quitting typepad. Forcing paying customers to take the new fugly layout admin page is the last straw. I didn't ask for it and I don't want it. It's ugly and it's got a lot of unimportant data to me pushed up front and a lot of stupid and unnecessary changes. I came to typepad because Wordpress did the exact same thing. Your coders should all be fired. I don't understand why you can't make tweaks to the old page without having to redesign the entire thing. And who told you that the new layout looked good? It's trash and I didn't ask for this and shouldn't be forced to pay for something I don't want. Thanks for rining my experience with typepad. Up until now things were cool. And now you have lost a paying customer.
Posted by: Candice | July 08, 2010 at 03:36 PM
Very attractive picture. Its beautiful & the post is also interesting. Liked it very much. Thanks.
Posted by: Shakib Shahriyar | July 10, 2010 at 12:51 PM
I've been having lots of fun re-living LiveAid over at http://riffraf.typepad.com/riffraf/. If you were too young first time around, you'll find video of the performances too.
Posted by: Jennifer | July 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM
mmm.. look so good!!!
Posted by: Bobbiefx | July 17, 2010 at 09:37 AM