It's been a couple of years since we released the Signature module, so we feel this is as good a time as any to refresh your memory and explore the different ways in which it can be used.
What does the module do
The Signature module is a Content tool that allows you to automatically add information to the bottom of your posts. Once enabled, it inserts itself into all posts, both new and old.
Where to find the module
You can locate the module at Design > Content. It's located above the Post Footer module on the Content screen.
How to configure the module
As seen in the image above, the pencil icon indicates that the module is configurable. Clicking the pencil will open a pop-up window with an empty field. This is where you add your content, using HTML or scripts provided to you by third-parties.
What can be added
There aren't many limitations to what can be added; and most limitations will be due to third-parties (e.g. the Signature module isn't ideal for Google ads, since there's a limit to how many Google ads can appear on a page).
Here are some ideas on what to add:
- Image or CSS-styled signature (e.g. name)
- Third-party ad script (note: only if there are no limitations to the number of times it can be generated on a page)
- Custom advertisement (e.g. promote your own sales, books, videos, or similar)
- Shop carousels (e.g. Reward Style or similar)
- Email subscription widget (e.g. so readers are reminded to subscribe via email if they haven't already)
- Custom bio (e.g. formatted photo, author bio credit, social accounts to follow)
- Image widgets (e.g. Instagram, Flickr, or similar)
Share with us how you use the Signature module, or how you think it could be better. We're always looking for great new ideas to improve Typepad.